'lexis: dog breed-borzoi information?
I've been researching information about borzois, like how they chase and bloat, and i have some questions for those who know a lot about them pleasee.
1) how much does an average male puppy cost?
2) how can you tell if they bloat
3) would an electric fence work if introduced early?
4) i have a lazy cat, would he chase her if she moved?
5) would ol roy or beniful be ok to feed him?
6) do they get along well with children?
7) how often do they bark?
8) are they easy to train/potty train?
9) do they often pull on the leash?
10) are they ok with strangers?
i already have a dog, but the reason why i am asking this is because i really want a borzoi, but i feel the research i got isn't getting me anywhere so i want real people opinions (:
if i want a dog that can have an electrice fence, bark little, be big sized, get along with cats and kids, and easy to walk and train,
what breed would you recommend?
thank you though for those two great answers!
Answers and Views:
Answer by ♥PoodlePuff♥ bybrs kill dogs
While I don't personally own a Borzoi a friend of mine does so I can tell you about her dog... not all Borzois will be the same but it will tell you what hers is like...
1) how much does an average male puppy cost? $ 1000-$ 1500 from a good breeder
2) how can you tell if they bloat Larger breeds are more prone to bloat yes but if you don't let them run arounf after meals you shouldn't have a problem.
3) would an electric fence work if introduced early? Unsure, I have never used an electric fence and I don't know anyone else that has either.
4) i have a lazy cat, would he chase her if she moved? My friends borzoi was the biggest lazy bones, it wouldn't even lift it's head if a mouse ran over its nose. They are a hunting breed so you do need to take precautions with training and proper introductions.
5) would ol roy or beniful be ok to feed him? Feeding is a completely personal thing and you will get many different answers on this. Wellness and Eagle Pack are my favourites.
6) do they get along well with children? My friend has 4 children ranging from 4 years to 20 years, it gets along great with all of them.
7) how often do they bark? With correct training and breed can be taught not to bark often.
8) are they easy to train/potty train? Yes, they are quite intelligent despite their dopey looks.
9) do they often pull on the leash? My friends was a trained show dog so it was taught not ot. Again, with training any dog can be taught not to pull.
10) are they ok with strangers? Hers was, as I said it was the dopiest laziest dog.
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!